Thanks for checking out the online version of Creative e-Tips’ Guide to Picture Framing (hardcopies available in store, by request)!
It is our goal to try to explain some of the most commonly asked questions from our clients over the last 25 years, as well as provide helpful design tips and tricks. There is so much to know about picture framing that is technical and should be discussed with a picture framing professional. Although we will certainly talk about some technical information, what we are really interested in is informing you about solutions that will enhance the longevity, impact and pleasure provided by your artwork.
Some topics will include:
- How high should I hang my artwork? (FYI ~ most people hang their artwork way too high)
- How do I manage hanging my wall of frame which includes family photos of multi generations?
- What about matting ~ single, double, triple, none, what proportion, what colour?
- How do I select artwork for my office or a commercial space?
- What about glass? What is the difference between clear, non-glare and UV?
- How do I safely frame memorabilia such as war medals, hockey jerseys and family collages?
- What are reproductions on canvas?
If you have any questions or topic suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Creative‘s staff of talented interior designers, artists and picture framers are here to help! As our tagline states, we are “dedicated to bringing your ideas to life”; that means we will work with you to create and custom frame your artwork to exceed your expectations.